New Patients- Welcome!
Dr. Charchuk and his team at Chinook Mall Dental Clinic are always pleased to welcome new patients as many of our patients frequently refer their friends and family members to our practice. Dr. Charchuk practices general and family dentistry and has been doing so for over 20 years. Finding a new dental practice can be a challenge, our excellent service and knowledgeable, friendly team will ensure you receive the personalized dental care you deserve. Great where do we start?
Consultations are a great opportunity for you to meet your dentist and get to know him or her better. We want this first visit to be one where we can get to know each other so that we can work together and share information that promotes a lifetime of dental health.
All first-time patients will undergo a comprehensive exam. Your dentist will listen to your chief complaints, concerns and expectations. The dentist or hygienist will clean your teeth and check for cavities and gum disease. He or she will also evaluate your risk of developing other oral health problems, as well as check your face, neck and mouth for abnormalities. A dental exam will also likely include dental X-rays.
Regular dental cleanings — including removing plaque, flossing, and a deep cleaning — can preserve your oral health and keep your teeth looking their best. Routine dental visits almost always include a cleaning. If you have dental anxiety, however, the dentist might delay the cleaning until the next visit. Depending on the state of your teeth, a cleaning can take from 15-45 minutes. You might feel a little sensitivity, particularly if your gums are irritated. The cleaning should not hurt, and you should tell the hygienist if you experience any pain.
What is the best way to choose a new dentist for your needs?
1. Location – Most people prefer to see a dentist who is close to their home or work. They find it easier to schedule appointments before going to work, during lunch, or later in the day when they’re headed home. On your digital device search for dentists in your preferred area. Make a list of your top choices.
2. Reviews – Check online reviews for the dentists on your list. Also, read the comments posted by patients. Ask your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers or doctor for feedback about the dentists.
3. Website – Most dentists have a website with information about their office, along with pictures, hours, policies, philosophy and background information. Look for answers to these questions:
- Is the location easy to access?
- Will the office hours fit your schedule?
Do you like the dentist’s philosophy about dental care, including the use of medications to help you relax during treatment?
- What is the office policy on missed appointments?
What are the fees for services? When is payment due?
- If you have dental insurance, does the dentist accept your plan?
- If you cannot find answers to these questions online, call the office and talk with the office manager.
4. Visit – Identify your top choices and stop by their offices. Is the office clean and organized? Do the dental professionals wear gloves, masks and other protective apparel? Are the dentist and team members friendly and helpful? Look around to ensure you’ll feel comfortable.
5. Appointment – Choose your favorite and schedule an appointment for a dental checkup and cleaning. Ask the dentist for a complete report on your oral health. Be suspicious if the dentist recommends a long list of treatments, such as new fillings, crown replacements or oral surgery. Request a written plan with the costs. If the treatment plan seems unreasonable, consider getting a second opinion from another dentist.
At Chinook Mall Family Dental Clinic we believe every person deserves to receive the highest quality of dental care. We want you to feel at home and establish a good rapport with Dr. Charchuk and his staff, it is our aim to give you the optimal oral care you require. Please contact us to book in for your first initial consult. We look forward to meeting you!